The shift from “clean” to “safe” in the world of wipes will be among the key topics that leading speakers will address at the in-person event, June 27-30, at Chicago’s Marriott Marquis.
The information-rich program will address hot topics to support decision-making on the following key topics: circular and sustainable wipes, wipes supply chain challenges, nonwoven substrates for more sustainable wipes, trends in the wipes market and among consumers, disinfection issues and new technologies, trends in sustainable wipes packaging and developments in disposable issues.
Last year’s Covid-impacted event drew 475 professionals from around the world to Atlanta, and INDA is expecting another enthusiastic industry response for its 16th edition of the conference which focuses exclusively on the wipes industry.
Speakers will focus on the future of the $17 billion wipes industry amid changing consumer trends, supply chain complexities, sustainable packaging requirements and medical disinfection challenges , among other stimulating sessions.
World of Wipes Session Highlights
Here are some of the must-see presentations that industry attendees will learn from:
- Lifestyle Changes and the World of Wipes: Responding to Changing Consumer Demand to Drive Growth – Liying Quian, Research Analyst, Euromonitor International, will explore personal care and beauty trends based on surveys with consumers that could shape the long-term performance of wipes
- The Supply Chain – Import Pressures Versus Domestic Manufacturing – Jacob Smith, Director, Supply Chain and Customer Care, Health, Hygiene, and Specialties Division, North America, Berry Global will share his expertise and experience on the impact of Covid-19 on the national production and international sourcing of wipes
- Packaging Sustainability: A Global Perspective – David Clark, Vice President of Sustainability at Amcor, will examine how consumer brands, retailers and others are responding to consumer demand for more sustainable packaging and discuss progress and risks in the United States and other countries.
- How ready are you to be sustainable? New Technology to Support the Use of Recycled Fiber Sources – Richard Knowlson, Director, RPK Consulting will discuss how new manufacturing technology can help produce more sustainable nonwoven substrates in today’s price sensitive environment
- Dead Turtle Logos – What We Know So Far in the EU – Heidi Beatty, CEO of Crown Abbey, LLC will share the latest insights on the European Union’s Single Use Plastic Directive and the impact of plastic-free packaging logos on consumer attitudes
- Challenges and Pitfalls of Scaling a Waste Cleaning Wipes Collection and Recycling System – Sergio Barbarino, Researcher, Fabric and Home Care Open Innovation, Procter & Gamble Distribution Company Europe will examine the potential of cleaning to be recycled and become a practical pioneer experience Platform
- Case Study: Incompatibility of Surface Disinfection with Medical Devices Creates Potential Risks for Patients – Caroline Etland, Ph.D., RN. CNS, ACHPN, Associate Professor, Hahn School of Nursing, BINR, University of San Diego will share real world examples of the issues healthcare facilities face with surface disinfection incompatibility that makes cleaning and disinfection a challenge major
In addition to the dynamic conference program, WOW 2022 also features two evenings of tabletop exhibits and receptions; the presentation of the World of Wipes Innovation Award and the INDA Lifetime Technical Achievement Award; and 11 hours of face-to-face engagement at a welcome reception, mentorship program for new participants, and breakfast connections. The event kicks off with the WIPES Academy, a day and a half value-added training opportunity on June 27-28.
Registration for WOW 2022 remains open with discounts offered through May 17, and tabletop display reservations are also available. For details on the speakers, see the conference website, www.worldofwipes.org.