SVG Companies | THRIVE has revealed the 10 global startups selected to join the eighth cohort (THRIVE VIII) of their award-winning acceleration program.
The 10 companies were selected from an applicant pool of over 800 startups from 78 countries. The competitive selection process, conducted in collaboration with THRIVE’s partner companies, focused on the startups’ potential impact on sustainability as well as commercial success.
The THRIVE Accelerator program combines an intensive start-up program with access to a wealth of resources, including investing, access to companies and investors, and tailored mentorship from industry experts within the vast THRIVE network.
To date, THRIVE has graduated a total of 83 startups through its award-winning program and these startups have created over $1 billion in value. The program was recognized as the #1 AgTech Accelerator by AgFunder and SVG Ventures was recognized by Crunchbase as the most active AgTech investor.
The 10 finalists, four from the United States and one from Hungary, Ireland, Luxembourg, Peru, Sweden and the United Kingdom, will kick off their three-month acceleration program this month with a Seed Camp in person in Silicon Valley and an attendance at the Global Agri-Technology Summit.
“THRIVE VIII brings together a unique group of companies solving some of agriculture’s biggest challenges. With the support of our ecosystem, these companies can have a significant impact in the future,” says Evan Cohen, Accelerator Manager at THRIVE. “THRIVE VIII will prepare these companies for larger-scale commercialization and we are excited to help them achieve this.”
The THRIVE VIII cohort is made up of the following startups:
- Cattler Corporation is creating a way to digitize the beef industry, making it more efficient and responsible by integrating dispersed and underutilized data into day-to-day operations. It brings together data from different devices and third-party systems under one roof, giving the farmer a single dashboard for farm management.
- F4A fights food waste at the retail level by connecting surplus food, on the verge of being wasted, to customers willing to buy these products at a reduced price.
- Haystack enables the scalability of the soil carbon market by helping farmers and carbon markets quantify carbon accurately and profitably.
- Iamus Technologies has developed a robotics and AI solution for the poultry industry that creates over $10 billion in value while improving sustainability and animal welfare outcomes.
- Lupinta is building an R&D-driven food company using Lupine as a primary ingredient.
- Muddy Machines is a versatile field robot platform with green asparagus harvesting as its primary application while generating unique crop performance data.
- Pharm Robotics creates a robotic injection system for the shot delivery process to improve herd health and reduce labor on dairy farms.
- SeedLinked is a seed innovation platform powered by thousands of grower reviews that fuel a prescriptive aggregated seed marketplace.
- SMAPPLAB offers reliable monitoring and forecasting of pest pressure. Fewer pesticides, more harvests, sustainable agriculture.
- Space AG has developed software that optimizes agricultural work.
Source: SVG Ventures | THRIVE, which is solely responsible for and fully owns the information provided. Informa Business Media and all of its affiliates are not responsible for any content contained in this information asset.